Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Conan/Leno Debacle? A Giant Lesson in What-Not-to-Do with Talent.

From Fistful of Talent

I've always been a Letterman fan although these days, I default to Charlie Rose and Tavis Smiley for my late night fix. (Yes, I'm that boring.) But, because I'm a news junkie, the fiasco playing out at NBC with Conan and Leno has been unavoidable.

Personally, I'm always fascinated when it comes to talent plays in the sports and entertainment world. If I could have my hand in recruiting/casting and hiring talent for a movie, or a TV show, or MLB team... that might be a dream job. So, to get a glimpse into the kinds of issues that might come up via the Conan/Leno debacle? Well, as you can imagine, I'm salivating. And there are a ton of lessons to be learned. But I'll make it simple for you. File this ENTIRE situation in your "what not to do" folder.

Read the entire article: http://www.fistfuloftalent.com/2010/01/nbc-you-stink.html

No comments: